Gov. Reynolds signs new proclamation State Public Health Emergency Declaration
Below is how the new proclamation will affect Athletics
1. Boxer registrations won't expire during the declared emergency.
2. Sporting gatherings and events of more than 10 people are prohibited through the end of the day on May 27, 2020. We urge promoters to use caution in planning events thereafter. See “Mass Gatherings” and look to future proclamations for guidance.
The Iowa Athletic Commissioner ensures the licensing, tax, and registration requirements are met for professional and amateur athletic events held in Iowa. More information can be found by reviewing the Administrative Rules and Iowa Codes.
Promoter Event Licensing
A promoter must submit a written request to the Iowa Athletic Commission for an event. If the date is approved, it will be reserved once the Commission receives a non-refundable payment of $450.00. A promoter must submit an Promoter Event Form 30 days prior to the approved event date for the following events:
- Amateur or professional Mixed Martial Arts
- Professional kickboxing
- Professional boxing
Detailed information can be found in the Promoter Responsibilities Manual.
Wrestling Event Licensing
A promoter must complete and file with the Iowa Athletic Commissioner an Event Receipt Report Form and pay all applicable taxes within 20 days after the date of the event.
Iowa professional boxer's must be registered in Iowa. The Iowa Athletic Commission belongs to the Association of Boxing Commissioner’s (ABC) national boxer registration system.
The following must be received by the Iowa Athletic Commission 15 days prior to a boxing match that the boxer will be participating in to obtain a boxing license:
- Completed legible application
- Copy of official government issued photo ID containing the boxer’s photograph or similar foreign ID number
- Current clear facial picture
- Check or money order for $25.00 payable to Division of Labor – Athletics
View a list of ABC's current registered boxers.
Replacement Boxing License
- Complete a new application - identify as replacement card
- $10.00 Check or money order payable to Division of Labor - Athletics
Promoter Responsibilities Manual
Application for an Iowa Wrestling Event License
Promoter Event Form (Due 30 days prior to event date) for MMA, Boxing and Kickboxing
Athletic Bond Form
Boxers' Federal Identification Card Application
Fighter Physical Form
Final Fight Card and Official Weigh-In Form
Event Receipt Report Form
Fighter Rules Sheet
Open Records Requests